Monday, March 09, 2009

5mart Martha Monday.

My five from Last week were:

1 Sewing: I will sew a shirt for Christopher for Kindy.

I have cut the shirt out but not sewn it.

2. Housework and home school: Finish of the two kitchen cupboards and cook meals for the next month.

I cleaned out the cupboard above the stove but didn't do the plastics cupboard. It is so overwhelming to look in that I just cannot get the energy to do it. I also have cooked most of our meals. I still need to do the Tuna mornay and pasties.


3. Health: drink 8 cups of water at least each day.


I did drink a lot of water but probably not 8 cups. I am going to keep on drinking more though.

4. Family: We will continue taking our children in pairs to pray before the Blessed Sacrament. Also Steve and I are making more of an effort to get out for dates more often.

Today Steve and I went out for coffee and we have taken Madeline, Christopher, Brigette and Amelia to pray in the church over the last week.

5. Spiritual. Steve and I are going to pray the rosary each morning together.


I did this for 3 out of the 5 mornings before work. On Wednesday and Thursday night I had interrupted sleep and just couldn't get out of bed.

So this week my five are:

Sewing: Finish Christopher's shirt.

Housework and Home school: We are going to read the way of the cross this week. I will read a little bit each day and they will do some posters for us to put up around the home school room. I will also clean out one other kitchen cupboard besides the plastics one. Maybe I will leave the plastics until I have done the rest of the kitchen.

Health: Continue watching our diet and eating more whole grains. Continue drinking more water.

Family: Sunday we have planned a family day. I think we will go to Quorn first thing in the morning for mass then we are going to the Quorn Native Flora Reserve for a picnic.

Spiritual: Continue getting up early to pray with Steve and spend more time on my Bible study.

Therese.

9 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Cleaning kitchen cupboards sounds like something I should attempt. Good idea! Cathy

Laura said...

I love these goals and the family time you are carving out. ( I find I can drink more water btw when I just drink a cup at at time. I am intimidated by the HUGE 32 oz bottles of water women sip from. I want to drink and get it over with.)

Tracy said...

I need to also work on my kitchen cupboards.. in fact.. my entire kitchen needs some work:)

Nancy said...

Therese...these are great and you are doing a great job! It's ok to not get everything done...the important thing is that you have goals to work towards.
You have inspired me! I have three weeks left off from work on medical leave. I should do more things for my family's spiritual life. I could have gone to mass this morning...but I didn't because I was too tired. I'm sad at the blessings and graces that I missed because of it!
Thank you again for your ideas and encouragement!!!

Alexandra said...

Your picnic sound lovely. Take me too! ';)

joannaB73 said...

I thought the You Tube video above was very good - so have posted it on my Blog too.

Tea Time With Melody said...

Anyone who can cook their meals one month in advance has my vote. I tried it many years ago but I have this horrible habit of not wanting what I have slated for the night.

Now I just buy a variety of foods and make extended meals out of them each night. Meaning I decide what I am having for dinner on my way home from work in 1.5 hours traffic and take the left overs for lunch.

Anonymous said...

Do you mind adding my new blog again?

Therese said...

Hey Jackie,

It is so great to see you blogging again. I have added you and started following you. I will invite some friends to follow you too.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.