Saturday, March 28, 2009

quick 7.


---1---

Birthday Tomorrow!

Tomorrow Madeline turns 14. She is our first daughter. It was really exciting to have a girl after two boys. Although I often thought once I got her home that girls weren't all that different to boys when they are babies. They are all just as cute and cuddly. Now at 14 she certainly is different from our boys. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Madeline. We hope we celebrate many more birthdays for you. You are a true blessing to our family.

---2---

A Shopping Trip!

Today I took the girls on a trip to Whyalla for some retail therapy. This was what Madeline wanted to do for her birthday. The girls all bought 4 new outfits each. We got some great sale items but still ended up spending a lot of money.
Now both Brigette and Amelia are talking about having a shopping trip for their birthdays. Since they celebrate two weeks apart, we may do one trip for both of them.

---3---

Chrism Mass.

This week on Tuesday our diocese is having the Chrism Mass. I am going to take Tom, Amelia and Christopher over to Port Pirie for the day.
Last time I went to the Mass it took nearly 2 hours so I think after Mass we will have a picnic lunch in the park or have some take away.

---4---

Pump Change.

Last night I checked Tom at midnight and his sugar was 27.6 (496 for the Americans). I checked for blood ketones and sure enough they were positive. This means that no insulin is getting into his system. When this happens we need to give him an injection of insulin and then change his pump. I woke him up and changed the pump. I slept through the 3am alarm to check him so got Steve to check him at 6am when Christopher woke up. He had come down to 10.2 (180).

---5---

Weight Watchers!

I am about 10 KG heavier than I was when I got pregnant with Christopher. I really need to loose the weight because I know it makes me more lethargic. I was going to join weight watchers here but they don't have a group. I am going to look into an online group. Tonight at Mass I told my girlfriend that I was walking with more regularly that I am going to come on Monday. My aim is going to be to go for a walk most days while it isn't too cold.

---6---

Bejeweled Blitz!

This game is totally addictive. I use to log into my facebook account once or twice a week. Since I started playing bejeweled Blitz I am logging in everyday.
Out of my friends on facebook, I am coming third. One of my friends has a score of 160000. I keep on wondering how the heck you get a high score like that.

---7---

Camera USB!

Still missing. I cannot believe something can disappear like this. I decided to order another one on EBay. I got one for a good price but I have to wait for it to come from Hong Kong. The seller has on his page that it can take up to two weeks. I hope it doesn't take that long.

Don't forget to pop over to Jen at conversion diary for other quick 7

10 comments:

Mary said...

Birthday celebration - retail therapy - EXCELLENT. Happy Birthday M.

Nancy said...

Therese...I'm also going to join WW on line! I've had very good success with WW! I really prefer going to the meetings..I feel more accountability that way! But, because it's cheaper, I'm going to the on line thing. Let me know when you join...maybe we could encourage each other!

I'm glad you got Tom straightened out! Tell Madeline Happy Birthday from across the miles!!

Lerin said...

My Madeleine turns 7 next month... I can't imagine her turning 14 but Iknow theyears will fly by.

Happy Birthday, Madeline! :)

Unknown said...

Therese-you also may want to check out sparkpeople.com It is free and gives you a good outline of what to do to lose weight including an online food journal, exercise plan, etc...

And as far as Bejeweled Blitz-I LOVE THAT GAME! I was astonished at YOUR score!

Sarah - Kala said...

Happy birthday to your dear girl. Mine will be 14 in December - they grow up so fast!! Teenie was different from the boys from the start, but different in delightful ways! God bless and many more years!!

Tom has my prayers. Be well, Tom.

Good luck and prayers on the wings for WW to be successful.

Blessings,
Sarah

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Started playing Scrabble...less intense and I think I can broaden my vocabulary. Tomorrow we celebrate Ron's birthday (really on Monday) but the kids will be here. I'm baking a peach cobbler. Have a grand time!

Alexandra said...

Happy birthday to Madeline, and good luck with the WW. I need it as well, but I've been doing a half hour a day on my treadmill. It's not so bad, and I hope to build up to more miles.

Anonymous said...

There is a free online version of Bejeweled. (Also available for the iPhone/iPod Touch as an app!)

Therese said...

Therese,

Thanks for that website. Last night when I checked out ww online I was shocked at the cost.

I will check out spark people before I join WW.

Therese said...

Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. I am sure today is going to be a great day for us all.

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes

Please pray for a cure for Type One Diabetes
Our sons Tom and Christopher and our daughter Amelia are type one diabetics. We pray everyday for a cure. We do not want one by illicit means though so don't support any organisation that contributes to Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Click on the photo of Tom and Christopher to read about why I am against using Embryonic Stem cells for a cure.

Total Pageviews

Sitemeter

Australian Catholic Homeschoolers.

Tom's and Christopher's insulin pump

New book: Faith Quilt.

New book: Faith Quilt.
All proceeds from sales of "FAITH QUILT" going to "Casa de Amor Children's Homes in Bolivia" and "Sarah's Covenant Homes in India" Two truly extraordinary organisations that take in the most needy children and give them a place of love and security to call home.